Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Workshop 4

1) What are your concerns about using various internet technologies in your teaching practice?
My biggest concern is the safety of the internet. The internet has great websites and other things for students if they are careful. But it can also not be safe. I hesitate to use the internet for this reason. I'm afraid that when go to a website, they are going to see something they shouldn't. Another concern I have is if it's grade level friendly. I struggle a lot finding things that are for their level but also their learning level. Lastly, the connectivity. Most websites that I want to use cannot but opened here. I have to have a VPN and my school computer does not have a VPN.


2) How can you alleviate these concerns?
I think it's VERY important that students, especially young ones, are with a grown up at all times. They should never be alone. I think it's important that a teacher sets "rules" and her students knows them when they are on the internet. I'm actually going to see if my school computer can get a VPN so then I can find some websites for my students.

No comments:

Post a Comment