Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Workshop 2

1) How well prepared do you feel for 21st century teaching and learning?
If there was a line, and on one end is "so much ready, confident" and on the other end is "no so ready/not confident", I would be in the middle of that line. I still have so much to learn and teach, especially learn now that we are in the 21st century. But I also feel confident in teaching my students in the 21st century

2) Do your students leave your classroom equipped for success using 21st century skills?
As I was reading about the 21 century skills, there are some that I already do and there are some that I need to do more of. I know that there needs to be a balance between all of those. As a teacher, that is what I'm trying to do, balance it. So I do my best for my students as they leave my classroom well equipped for the 21st century.

3) What are your strengths and challenges in regards to 21st century teaching and learning?
*Strengths:
-I feel I know enough teach, but as a teacher I have more to learn
-There are great websites and other place to get awesome ideas

*Challenges:
-As mentioned above in the strengths, I have more to lear as there are so many new things out there
-One of the biggest challenges for me is incorporating more tech into the classroom but at the same time be a balance and effective for my 4 year old students. They have wonderful minds and I don't want to take away that from them. I know that thee are great things for their age group out there, but I don't know what will work best. That is one of my challenges.

No comments:

Post a Comment